Building a great résumé
Gain meaningful experiences that set you apart in the job market.
Opportunities to learn the field hands-on and build networks are plentiful thanks to Drake’s location in Iowa’s capital city of Des Moines, a hub for insurance, politics, publishing, and other fields; the University's outstanding reputation; and respected professors who actively seek to connect you with experiences.
You’ll graduate with the skills, connections, and confidence to launch a career or get accepted to a high-caliber grad school.
What makes it possible
- Location, reputation, and connections: These add up to a wide variety of meaningful opportunities. More than 92% of Drake seniors have completed at least one internship or field/clinical experience compared to 48 percent of college seniors nationally.
- Outstanding oppportunities for undergraduate research: 55% of Drake seniors in a science discipline reported working on research with a faculty member, compared to 32% nationally.
- Better career prospects, faster: Among Drake’s 2015 bachelor’s degree recipients, 98.9% had a job or graduate school acceptance within six months of graduation.
- Increased earnings: Just ten years after entering Drake, graduates earn almost $20,000 more than peers nationally (Department of Education College Scorecard)—No. 1 in the state of Iowa.
- An outstanding ROI: The Economist ranked Drake University 17th nationally for return on investment—alumni earnings that are above expectation—in the 98th percentile of all four-year U.S. institutions.
Schedule a Visit Apply Now