Faculty and Staff
To Request Space
- Visit https://ems.drake.edu/virtualems/
- You may browse space availability using the Browse >> Browse Space Availability option.
- Once you have determined which space(s) will work best for your event you will need to log in to the system and submit your request. Requests must be submitted online at least 5 business days in advance of an event.
- Submitting an event/meeting request more than 5 business days out does not guarantee your space and event request will be approved. (NOTE: Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays are not business days. Requests submitted AFTER 3pm fall on the next business day.)
- Once you have started the booking process, it is important to provide as much information as possible through the online form. This is so to ensure University policies will be followed, procedures are in place, and set-up and event logistics are understood and feasible.
- Please note that if you have any special accommodations, such as audio-visual equipment you can request this through VEMS.
- Your request will be routed to the manager of your desired space for approval. You may have to wait up to 3 business days for an approval. After the space manager has reviewed the request you will receive a follow-up communication with the status of your request (i.e., Confirmed, Canceled, Tentative Hold).
- DO NOT move forward with marketing your event until you have received an online confirmation stating that your event status is CONFIRMED.
For questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Conference & Event Services at email@example.com or 515-271-3987.