Matthew Russell Profile
Resilient Agriculture Coordinator
Areas of Expertise
Sustainable Agriculture, Food and Agriculture Policy, Climate Change, USDA Programs, Retail Agriculture, Local Foods
MS – Iowa State University
BA – Loras College
Resilient Agriculture Coordinator at the Drake Agricultural Law Center since 2006
Farm Service Agency, USDA State Committee Member
Co-owner and operator of Coyote Run Farm
DMACC and Drake University adjunct professor
- On Climate Change, We Must Put the Apple Down, Eco Catholic of the National Catholic Reporter (2015).
- Faith Calls Us to Act on Climate Change, The Des Moines Register (2015) (co-author).
- Climate Change an Opportunity for Iowa Farmers, The Des Moines Register (2015).
- Climate Change is Real, The Cedar Rapids Gazette (2014).
- Social Inclusion and Extra-market Food Service Programs: Challenges for Community Food Security in a Rural Iowa Count, Ames: Iowa State University, 2003.