The Endorsement-Only Programs are designed for certified teachers in pursuit of additional Sate of Iowa Teaching Endorsements. Endorsements are offered in both K-8 (elementary) and 5-12 (secondary) teaching levels.
Courses for the endorsements are offered on Drake's main campus and at several locations around the state, as well as online or in a blended format.
All endorsements vary in the number of credits and requirements. In most cases, the completed endorsement credits can be rolled into a master's degree in Teacher Effectiveness and Professional Development.
Endorsements offered Online or in a Blended Format
- Art (K-8, 5-12)
- Business (5-12)
- Early Childhood (Pre-K-K)
- Economics (second endorsement only), (5-12)
- English/Language Arts(K-8, 5-12)
- Government/History/Social Studies (K-8, 5-12)
- Journalism (5-12)
- Mathematics (K-8, 5-12)
- Music (K-8, 5-12)
- Physical Education, Health and Coaching (K-12)
- Science (K-8, 5-12)
- Special Education (K-8, 5-12)
- STEM (K-8, 5-12)
- Theater and Communications (K-8, 5-12)
- World Languages (K-8, 5-12)
- Applications are reviewed on an on-going basis; therefore, it is requested that all materials be submitted approximately 8 weeks prior to the beginning of the intended start-term.
- Upon the receipt of transcripts, an advisor will complete a transcript evaluation in order to determine any credit or course substitutions/transfers.
- In order to begin the application process, please click the “Apply Now” link above. This link will provide you application requirements. Questions regarding the application process can be forwarded to the Coordinator of Graduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-271-2552.