Pursue Your Passion. Experience Excellence. Discover Drake.
More than 900 faculty and staff are part of the Bulldog pack, a close-knit community enthusiastic about providing the very best education, challenging assumptions, and welcoming new ideas and people into the fold. Drake University is not only an exceptional institution of higher learning, but also an exceptional place to work, and we are committed to attracting, retaining, and rewarding outstanding people.
Several strengths set Drake apart:
- Strong support for professional growth and development, including life long learning opportunities; internal funding for research, scholarship, and service activities; and extensive support in securing external funding
- Belief in a healthy work/life balance, as evidenced in competitive offerings of vacation, holiday, and personal time
- Dedication to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural benefit
- Exceptional benefits package including health, dental, tuition, and retirement planning
- Substantive involvement of faculty and staff in University governance and strategic planning through Faculty Senate and All Staff Council.
- Located in Des Moines, Iowa, a diverse and vibrant capital city that's attracted national attention
An evolving campus community
Learn more about Drake:
Inclusion and diversity at Drake:
- Representative student organizations actively engaged at Drake include Coalition of Black Students, Rainbow Union, La Fuerza Latina, El Ritmo Latino, International Student Association, Hillel, Muslim Student Association, Student Activists for Gender Equality, and Campus Fellowship.
- Drake recently undertook a Campus Climate Assessment, which gauged the experiences and attitudes of current faculty, staff, and students. Learn more about how we are addressing the findings at www.drake.edu/climate-assessment
If this outstanding work environment sounds appealing to you, we invite you to check out current opportunities for employment.