Be mentored by a full-time faculty member in your field.
It’s one of the hallmarks of a Drake education: Intimate and personal, characterized by strong relationships between professors and students. You’ll connect with an experienced faculty member in your field who knows you well, has your best interests at heart, and guides you toward your goals. He or she will also collaborate with you on projects and actively seek out great experiences to help you stand out in your field.
The result is a guide for your college experience and valuable connections to opportunities before and after graduation.
What makes it possible
- Small classes: An 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio leads to more individual attention.
- A culture of mentorship: In 2015, 83 percent of students indicated they had a mentor relationship with a faculty member.
- Faculty with experience and connections: Faculty are active in their professions, whether they are consulting with organizations, publishing research, attending conferences, or networking in the community. They are the perfect people to help guide your path and connect you to great opportunities.
- Career guidance and connections: Faculty help connect you to tangible possibilities while in school and after graduation.
- Enduring connections: Even after you enter the workforce, faculty members will often remain connected and serve as guides, references, and sounding boards as you navigate through your career.
Schedule a Visit Apply Now