Skip Sub Menu
Clubs & Organizations
Ask Drake students what advice they would give to first-year students, and they’ll tell you, “Get involved!” In fact, research shows that college students who get involved in clubs and organizations get better grades and report having more fun in college than those who don’t.
Fortunately, with more than 160 clubs and organizations, you are virtually guaranteed to find options that fit your interests, talents, and goals. And if you don’t, you can start your own club. All it takes is a good idea and some like-minded friends ready to join in.
Not sure where to begin? Try our Activities Fairs. Each fall and spring, representatives of campus groups come out to sign up new members. Wander from table to table, ask questions, and see what sounds appealing.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find:
- Academic Organizations, Professional Organizations, and Honor Societies—Connect with other people in your area of study or future career field and help plan special events that match your interests.
- Arts Organizations—Get creative and collaborative and express yourself—on stage or on canvas.
- Governing Organizations—Grow as a leader and apply your talents to making the Drake community an even greater place to be.
- Media Organizations—Share the news and share your views—in print, online, or over the airwaves.
- Multicultural Organizations—Bond with friends who share your background and perspectives, or discover a whole new culture and new set of friends.
- National Pan-Hellenic Groups—Explore African-American history and culture.
- Fraternities and Sororities—Join Greek-letter brothers or sisters in leadership and service.
- Religious Organizations—Grow in faith and share in fellowship.
- Service Organizations—Pitch in and make this world a better one, whether by building houses, fighting cancer, or being a best buddy to a child who could use one.
- Special Interest Organizations—Have fun with friends who share your particular passions, whether it’s in the Anime Club, the Writer’s Circle, or the Drake Environmental Action League.
Admission Calendar and Events